April 20, 2010

Bloggerviews are here!

Well, I managed to survive Atlanta's crazy festival weekend.  Although I didn't make it over to the Robotics Convention, the Sweetwater 420 Festival or the return of Freaknik (as if I would even be bothered to participate in that hot ass mess...again, lol) the 2010 Dogwood Festival provided the perfect way to enjoy a low-pollen Saturday - despite the fact that our resident Bulgarian, Nick, couldn't seem to grasp the concept of "casually" walking through the park, exploring the various art vendors and just whiling away the day.  Thankfully, Nick "gets" beer, so no one was harmed as we made our way to Joes on Juniper for beer and lunch (sooooo much cheaper than it was being sold in the Park).

Anywho, after months of thinking about it, I'm finally getting around to creating my Bloggerview posts.  I was inspired to create these posts profiling KM professionals because...well, because I tend to suck at career-related networking.  I mean, I can meet and recruit tennis players like it's nobody's business and I'm a pretty solid wing-man (no matter what my friend Iker says), but clearly I needed a class in Networking for Career Success.

The goal of these Bloggerviews is to profile KM professionals and, as inspired by management author, guru and academian, Henry Mintzberg, hopefully offer some insight into the work that Knowledge Managers do as a practical resource for folks in the field, folks considering the field, and organizations exploring how they can improve their KM strategies.  With any luck, these posts will not only expand my KM-universe, but serve as a great resource for others.

For those interested, you can check out my profile by following this link.  Future profiles will be embedded in the blog.  If you'd like to submit your own profile, send me an email to: youngde1@gmail.com.

Cheers!

0 comments: